Friday October 13th
Bringing Beyond The Music, beyond its main hub at Manchester Central, founding member and sponsor of the event, Manchester Accommodation Business Improvement District has organised the free-to-attend daytime music sets in Exchange Square this Friday (13 October).
Featuring seven performances, the line-up will celebrate Manchester as a classical music city that isn’t just the home of Oasis, The Smith, Blossoms and Aitch, but also three professional orchestras including The Halle and BBC Philharmonic. The classical music programme will sit alongside the traditional rock and electronic music acts at the festival and seeks to promote Manchester’s musical diversity.
The live music stage is being programmed by Sam Davies from collaborative ensemble, The Untold Orchestra, which aims to redefine orchestral music for audiences and communities in Manchester, through memorable performances, creative workshops, and refreshing collaborations, all focused on positive social change. Seven performances will take place throughout the day from 12pm – 7pm, kicking off with smaller ensembles and closing with a full band.
• 12:00: Indie Pop Trio, Big Society
• 13:00: Solo loop cello, Polly Virr
• 14:00: R&B Duo, Mali Hayes
• 15:00: Five poets performing spoken word, Esther Koch, Funmi Adeyo, Jack Coverdale & Reneé Stormz
• 16:00: Electronic pop & soul vocalist, Ellen Beth Abdi
• 17:00: Vocalist, guitar and drums playing electronic pop & soul, Yemi Bolatiwa
• 18:15: The Untold Orchestra – a seven piece band playing well known hits, featuring Jenna G and Will Jacquet
*Performances will be approximately 40 mins long.